PM101 Chp List
Product Management Interview Prep
Chp 4: Guide on how to approach Case-based & Market Sizing Questions
Let’s look at few question forms that interviewers generally ask.
Declining Profit – Sample Questions
- You work for an e-commerce shoe company. The profits of the company have fallen this year. What could have happened?
- You are a founder of SaaS-based Logistics solution. You see that the profits have been falling for 3 quarters. How would you find the cause? What metrics would you track?
Declining Revenue – Sample Questions
- You are a Product Manager for a news publishing company. You notice that Advertising revenue coming from the website has fallen. What could have gone wrong?
- You are a category manager of fashion for an e-commerce company. You notice that the sales have been falling. What would you do?
- You own a SaaS company. You notice that subscription for a premium product has fallen but that of a standard product has increased. What might have happened?
- You notice that revenue coming from a Google Adwords for a particular keyword has fallen in a region. Google asked you to figure out and tackle this. What would you do?
Decline in new customers / new visitors – Sample Question
- You are a Product Manager for a salon booking company. You notice that number of new customers this month has fallen. What could be the cause? What would you do?
- You own an affiliate website. You notice that number of new visitors coming from your site has dropped down. How would you tackle this?
Decline in traffic
- You manage a publishing site and see that traffic has reduced by 10% this month? What could be the cause? What would you do?
Approach for answering Case Interview Question
Framework for solving Declining Profit / Declining Revenue
Framework for solving Declining Traffic / Declining Customers
Want to learn more?
Enroll into Product Management:A-Z – The complete product management online course with 25+ chapters, 40+ live assignments and product interview tips. Built with inputs from experienced Product Managers working @ Top Tech firms like Google, Adobe, Amazon; the course has 500+ enrollments from 40+ countries.
Check out PM Interview Questions – An exhaustive list of unique Product Management interview questions answered by product experts.